Careers at Magnitude Instruments.
Magnitude Instruments has openings and we would love to hear from you!
If you have successfully entered new product markets and sold high-tech analytic spectrometers, lasers, analytical chemistry equipment, or optical components and analytical systems, built and maintained relationships with key decision makers, and you are looking for an opportunity to positively impact scientific researchers, keep reading …
Magnitude Instruments’ spectrometers are game-changing tools that allow chemists, materials scientists, physicists, and biologists take the instrument right out of the box, set it up on any table or lab bench, and go right to work measuring various properties of a material using nanosecond, transient absorption spectroscopy. We manufacture world-class devices that are in high demand at university research labs and in the electronic materials industry.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in any one of the disciplines of Chemistry, Spectroscopy, Biology, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemical engineering, Mechanical Engineering or another life science, physical science or engineering field is required and an advanced degree is preferred. Technical sales experience building professional affiliations and connections in the optical laboratory equipment field including FTIR, UV/Vis, and fluorescence spectroscopies is optimal.
If you think joining our team sounds like just the niche for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume and we’ll be in touch!
Magnitude Instruments designs and manufactures best-in-class scientific lab instruments for nanosecond transient absorption spectroscopy research. We are seeking a candidate to aid us in accelerating the development of a new line of instruments as well as assist in the manufacturing of our existing products. We desire a candidate who can develop, document, and test new software and instrument control systems.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Electrical or Software Engineering
- 2 years of experience in electrical design, software development, or manufacturing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexible, able to handle multiple priorities
- Self starter, can contribute with general guidance
- Experience developing Windows applications using C# in Visual Studio
- Experience using control devices such as switches, relays, motors, and actuators
- Experience interfacing with equipment using software drivers, APIs, and serial protocols
- Knowledge of electrical wiring principles and practices
- Knowledge of embedded systems programming
- Circuit board design and prototyping
- Debugging and troubleshooting
- General knowledge of Transient Absorption Spectroscopy
If you want to maximize your creativity and join our team, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume and we’ll be in touch!
Magnitude Instruments, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.